We all know achieving overall health includes eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and drinking lots of water. But did you know getting consistent quality sleep is just as important? Sleep helps keep your mind and body healthy.
Sleep can help you:
- Get sick less often – restored immune system
- Stay at a healthy weight
- Lower your risk for serious health problems, like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and depression
- Reduce stress
- Improve your mood and energy levels
- Improve mental function
- Get along better with people
- Recover from athletic activity
- Make good decisions and avoid injuries — for example, drowsy drivers cause thousands of car accidents every year
Most adults need 7 or more hours of sleep on a regular schedule each night. However, keep in mind, it’s not only about the total hours of sleep, but the quality. The goal is to feel rested and refreshed when you wake up.
Unfortunately, many of us have difficulty falling asleep, getting quality sleep, or still feel tired after sleeping. A lot of factors can make it harder to sleep, including:
- Stress or anxiety
- Certain health conditions, like heartburn or asthma
- Some medicines
- Unusual sleep schedule
- Untreated sleep disorders, like sleep apnea or insomnia (see your doctor for testing or treatment)
Making little but significant changes to your daily routine can help (for example: only drink caffeine in the morning). Setting a bedtime routine, limiting screen time before bed, and creating a comfortable sleeping environment can also be helpful.
Consider adding an all-natural CBD sleep aid like RONGOĀVIS Snooze to your bedtime routine as well. Research indicates that CBD can decrease cortisol levels (your stress hormone!) and possibly act as a sedative. CBD can also help alleviate some of those factors that make it hard to fall asleep, like stress, anxiety, and pain. Our RONGOĀVIS Snooze is a well-formulated blend of all-natural, sleep-soothing botanicals (including valerian root and melatonin) and full-spectrum CBD. Working together they create a calming state of mind, for a deeper, more peaceful slumber.
Feedback from our customers is more than encouraging. The ones who have tried Snooze love it. They have found they fall asleep faster, stay asleep, and wake up feeling energized – not groggy. Try it for yourself and let us know what you think.
The information contained in this post is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice.