Delicious homemade hot chocolate with a refreshing hint of Chill-Ax peppermint
Our Rongovis Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Chill-Ax will be your go-to treat in a mug! It’s a rich and chocolatey (and optionally boozy) delight with the added benefits and peppermint flavor of Chill-Ax CBD tincture.
- 2 droppers Chill-Ax tincture
- 2 cups milk (we suggest using 2% but any milk will do the trick – even plant based!)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate bar (you set the sweetness level)
- 1-2 ounces Irish cream liqueur – more or less to taste (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes 2 servings
Place milk, cocoa powder and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium/medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until warm (but not boiling) and sugar is dissolved. Add chocolate chips and whisk constantly until the chocolate chips melt and distribute evenly into the milk. Whisk in Chill-Ax tincture, Irish cream liqueur, and vanilla extract.
Serve immediately, topped with your favorite garnishes: marshmallows, whipped cream, chopped or grated chocolate, crushed candy canes and more!
Since you are making this peppermint hot chocolate from scratch you can make it exactly the way you want it!
Want it extra rich? Use half and half instead of milk.
Want it less sweet? Use bittersweet/dark chocolate chips and/or reduce the sugar a touch.
Tell us your favorite variations on social media. Tag your post using #HotChocolateChillax